In today’s world, you won’t find anyone who hasn’t shopped online. E-commerce/Retail is a business that thrives on its online customers. Shopping in person vs. shopping online has many advantages. Convenience, time-saving and easy access to products worldwide, etc.A good E-commerce/Retail site is key to its success. It must be a worthy counterpart to the storefront. Because, when you go shopping at a physical store, the customer has already made a commitment to visit and might give the brand a chance.
Online shopping becomes more and more popular, Ecommerce testing becomes much-in-demand with ecommerce evolution and growth of the number of online stores. This testing type aims to verify quality of ecommerce web software products.
The most important points must be considered during E-Commerce Testing
USABILITY: Everything must be understandable, convenient and pleasant for the users on an online store.
PERFORMANCE: An online store must work fast, the users do not like to wait.
SECURITY: The users’ sensitive data must be safe.
These aspects make up the basis of online business profitability, and the testing process should focus on them.
E-commerce application/sites are web applications or mobile application too. So, Gowri Software Solutions E-commerce Testing includes:
- Functional Testing
- Usability Testing
- Security Testing
- Performance Testing
- Database Testing
- Mobile Application Testing
- A/B testing.
During E-Commerce Testing Our Testing Team pay attention to:
- The product functionality. One must verify all the pages, filters, videos, functions of enlarging, rotating images of the products, procedures of adding the goods to the basket and removing them, changing the number of selected products, delivery conditions and address, etc.
- Payment system. It is necessary to test all the payment methods available on the site such as credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, Visa payment, MasterCard payment, PayPal, WebMoney, etc. The user should be able to cancel a payment. The confirmation letter must be sent after every operation.
- Compliance with web standards. An ecommerce site must be supported by popular desktop and mobile platforms, work well on widely used browsers. Otherwise many potential clients will be unable to use it. A web site should also comply with HTML, CSS and SEO standards.
- Correctness of calculations. It is important to check how the site calculates final amounts. The amount should include discounts, if there are any, required taxes, delivery and other expenses. The sum must update correctly when any option of the order changes.
- The site performance and usability. Ecommerce software should load and execute operations fast. The site has to be clear for the users, the products must have informative descriptions and photos, videos. There should be filters allowing to find the required product quickly and effortlessly.